Sunday, March 16, 2014

weekend wrap-up

OK, I didn't do much of what I planned this weekend.  Instead, Bob and I went and looked at a couple houses yesterday.  One was in Prospect and one in Seymour.  The one in Seymour was nice, but not really what we're looking for.  While I didn't mind that it needed updating, the bedrooms were small and it had only a one-car garage (Bob wants two).  And there wasn't room to add another bay to the garage.  The one in Prospect is exactly what we're looking for:  two-car garage, lots of square footage, open floor plan, three bedrooms and more than one bathroom.  Plus, it's out in the sticks so it's nice and quiet and there's more land for less money.  The downside is that we're unsure of what an inspection will reveal.  It's a very young house, but we see a potential problem.  Hopefully it's not, but could be.  Today we went to three open houses and I'm glad we did - we were able to cross three houses off the list without wasting our realtor's time, and we now have a better idea of what different square footage looks like.

I went to Whole Foods, like I planned, to buy some salad and a side dish, which I'll use for lunch this week. I bought a small mesclun and goat cheese salad with walnuts and cranberries.  I also bought lemon cranberry quinoa, plus some tzatziki sauce.  I have no idea what I'll use the tzatziki for, but I'm sure I'll find something. I'm open to suggestions.  I wouldn't have bought it if it weren't for the guy pushing food samples in the produce section.  He kept giving them to me.  After 4 samples (hummus, tzatziki, tabbouleh, and eggplant dip), I was actually full.  So that was lunch on Saturday.



I had planned on making some protein mini muffins and some more egg bites, but that didn't happen.  I bought some great cheeses to use in the bites, though.  I got blue cheese, goat cheese with fennel and lavender, and garlic and herb goat cheese.  What's even better is they were all half price!  I'll use them during the week.

So, nothing really got done because we spent all day Saturday and Sunday riding around looking at houses. It was worth it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment