Thursday, March 27, 2014

dinner tonight: barbecue chicken pizza

Tonight's dinner was a homemade barbecue chicken pizza.  Even though it's not a pepperoni pizza from Vinny's or Pepe's, it satisfies my craving.  I had weight loss surgery and it's a lifelong commitment, but I'm not willing to live my life without being able to have some pizza occasionally.  If I designate some foods as being totally off limits, that just sets me up for a long, hard fall off the wagon.

I made it using a small 6" flour tortilla, 2 tablespoons of Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce (my favorite), 1/4 cup of Southwestern Style Perdue Short Cuts (fully cooked chicken; so convenient), and 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar.  I was able to eat 3/4 of it.  Bob got the last piece.

265 calories; 10.8g fat; 26.5g carbs; and 14.5g protein.




1 comment: