Monday, March 24, 2014

more egg cups with spinach and cheese

Last night I made some spinach and cheese egg cups.  Twenty-four to be exact.  I made half with garlic and herb goat cheese and the other half with blue cheese.  I followed this recipe.  I think I put in a little too much blue cheese, because the muffin tin was covered with melted cheese when I took it out of the oven.  I plan to keep some in the fridge for meals this week and freeze the rest.

Just a word of caution:  blue cheese and spinach cooking together in the oven is a stinky combination.  But if you love the combo, you won't mind it.

P.S. - Another word of caution...don't eat the browned cheese on the muffin tin unless you can handle the extreme taste of browned blue cheese.  Seriously.

Here are finished products:


Spinach with Maytag blue cheese.


Spinach with garlic and herb goat cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment