Saturday, March 29, 2014

lunch today

I bought some Al Fresco Tomato & Basil Chicken Meatballs awhile back and they've been lurking in the bottom drawer of the fridge (fully cooked, of course).  I decided to have them for lunch today since I didn't feel like making tuna salad or anything.

Since I didn't feel like waiting for the oven and didn't want to dirty a pan by cooking on the stove, I microwaved the meatballs.  I served them with some bruschetta sauce I had in the fridge.  I didn't want to open a huge jar of pasta sauce just to dunk a few meatballs.

I really liked these meatballs.  There were little chunks of tomato.  The basil wasn't overpowering.  If anything, I think they could have used some oregano or more basil.  Ground chicken is bland so it needs to be dressed up in order to get it to taste like something.  I think next time I will use marinara sauce for dipping.  Bruschetta just isn't quite the right thing to use.

I ate the full serving size, which is 4 meatballs or 81g (a little under 3 ounces).  On the side I had 4 tablespoons of bruschetta; I really only needed 2 and ended up throwing the rest out.



No comments:

Post a Comment