Saturday, March 22, 2014

bruschetta egg bites

I made some more egg bites the other day.  It's a mix of eggs, onions, garlic, bruschetta sauce, and Parmesan cheese with a fresh mozzarella ball in the middle.

They tasted good, but the fresh mozzarella gave off a lot of moisture, making them soggy on the bottom.  It could be the result of using the marinated mozzarella balls that are found at the olive bar.  (Notice I avoided writing "marinated balls.")  I didn't put them on a paper towel to get rid of the excess marinade, but I probably should have.  Next time I try this I will make sure to do that.

I used this recipe and omitted the green onions; I didn't have any in the house.  I also used 1 tsp of dried basil instead of the fresh basil, since I didn't have that either.

Bruschetta Bites




No comments:

Post a Comment