Tuesday, March 25, 2014

the cooking cure: days 15 through 17

The assignment for last Friday was to make dinner and then plan all three meals for this week.  For whatever reason, I didn't make dinner that night.  To be honest, I can't even remember what the heck I ate.  Normally I log all of my food, religiously, but didn't for some reason.  I think I may have had a chicken Caesar salad from Duchess.  Oh, yes!  I did.  And didn't eat much of it because they way overdid the dressing and the lettuce was soggy.  Quite disappointing.  I ate the croutons and the chicken, though.

I planned my dinners to some extent for this week:  egg cups using the blue cheese and herbed goat cheese I had bought for half price (!); Mediterranean turkey meatloaf; and homemade chicken fingers.  Breakfast I didn't plan, mainly because I can eat the egg cups I planned on making.  Also because I realized that I have a lot of Greek yogurt in the fridge that I need to use up.  A lot.  Lunches will be leftovers from the meatloaf and chicken tenders, as well as some tuna salad on Melba toast.

The assignment for yesterday was to treat myself for all the hard work I did planning and prepping the meals I will make this week.  What I actually did on the weekend, not last week like I was supposed to, was do the shopping the ingredients, do the prep (did some), and then baked a ton of egg cups, which I posted the other day.  I didn't actually treat myself to anything, but I guess I could consider watching a few episodes of The Amazing Race a treat; it's one of my favorite shows.

Today's assignment was to think about the meals for the rest of the week and lay out a plan to get them done.  So, I put the turkey meatloaf together, which I'll bake tomorrow night.  Tomorrow night I'll make up the tuna salad.  Breakfast and lunch are covered for tomorrow:  I'm having a couple egg cups for breakfast and for lunch it's turkey and pepper jack roll-ups, which I'll dip in some light mayo.


No comments:

Post a Comment