Wednesday, March 12, 2014

halfway there!

Today I hit the 70 lbs mark!  And 70 more to go. But I'm halfway there in only three months.  I plan to make the most of the next six months and hit my first target weight.

So, what's life like now?  I feel great. I'm not tired all the time, I don't snore nearly as much (as evidenced by the fact that Bob is still in bed when I wake up in the morning), my sleep apnea is greatly reduced, my clothes are loose, my hair is growing like crazy because of the protein I eat, and I've discovered that I have a face shape that isn't round like I thought all these years. Oh, and I can feel my collar bone, which kinda freaks me out a little.  I don't dread the thought of moving off the couch.

One thing that I haven't gotten quite used to yet is that I fit in the booth when we go out to eat.  I still do a mental check when we walk in to see how big the booths are, are they small, will I fit, should I get a table, etc.  I also look at clothes and think I need a bigger size when I actually don't.  My mind needs to catch up to where my body is.  And I still occasionally put too much on my plate, although now I don't eat it all anyway like I used to.  It physically doesn't fit and the stomach doesn't really stretch much yet.

Give me another 20 pounds and I'll post some more pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment