Monday, March 17, 2014

chocolite peanut butter cup patties

I found some sugar-free chocolate in the store this weekend:  Chocolite.  I bought the peanut butter patties.

Each package has two servings, which amounts to about 24 grams each.  Each serving has 35 calories, 2.5g fat, 8g carbs, 6g fiber, and 1g protein.  There's also 2g sugar alcohols.

They tasted pretty good, although if you're expecting Reese's Peanut Butter Cups you'll be disappointed. They're sugar-free so they weren't really sweet.  I would have to say they taste more like a Butterfinger or 5th Avenue bar.  Hard to describe.  The texture is drier than a Reese's cup, but not actually dry.  I ate only the serving size, because, being that it IS still candy, I got that crappy feeling I get when I eat too much candy.  When I used to eat too much candy.  Past tense.

I would buy these again to keep on hand when I want something sweet.  I don't crave sweets yet, though. Probably because I had to drink so many sweet protein shakes before surgery.


No comments:

Post a Comment