Monday, March 17, 2014

morningstar farms chik'n nuggets

In my quest to try new foods, tonight for dinner I tried MorningStar Farms Chik'n Nuggets.  Yup, vegetarian chicken nuggets.

A serving size is 4 nuggets.  Each serving contains 190 calories, 9g fat, 19g carbs, 4g fiber and 12g protein. I think that fat is a bit high for a product like this; I was surprised.  I definitely like the protein count, though.

I prepared them as recommended, which is to bake them in the oven at 375 for 15-18 minutes.  They came out perfect:  moist on the inside and crispy on the outside.

They taste pretty good.  I wouldn't say they actually taste like chicken, but they don't taste fake either. Actually there was a lack of taste in the filling, which seems like a bag thing, but it wasn't.  Instead I tasted the breading and the spices that were used.  I paired them with some barbecue sauce.  I wanted honey mustard, but I couldn't see adding another 260 calories to the meal (2 servings, because one serving of sauce is not enough).  The barbecue sauce was only 140 calories (2 servings).

So, the final answer is I would buy these again.




No comments:

Post a Comment