Sunday, February 23, 2014

today's plan...

I've decided it's time to start trying some new recipes.  My daily breakfast since returning to work is either Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt or Breakstone's Cottage Cheese Doubles along with a string cheese stick. Before I went back to work I was having a scrambled egg most days, but I need something I can eat at work that doesn't stink up the office and doesn't turn to rubber.  I'd love to eat at home, but in order to have time to drink my protein hot chocolate, wait a half hour to eat, take a shower, etc., I'd have to get up by 6 am at the latest.  I know that's easy for many people, but it's tough for me.  I tend to hit the snooze button a lot.  I don't really want to have protein shakes for breakfast so in order to help me have some variety in my diet I'm going to make some egg bites and individual frozen oatmeal discs.  I want to try making ricotta pancakes also.  I just bought some low carb baking mix I want to try.  Later on I'll post pictures of the recipes I make today.

Time to go grocery shopping since I have no eggs, no yogurt, no cottage cheese, no cheese...LOL.  I'm not in the mood to shop today, though.  I ache from helping clean at the cat project yesterday.  A few times a year we do a spring cleaning.  Everything gets wiped down, all beds and blankets washed, rug shampooed, cat trees cleaned, litter boxes replaced, etc.  We did it last during the summer before my surgery and it was awful for me.  I was sweating like a pig and had to sit most of the time because I was so tired and out of breath.  I didn't want to move.  Not this time, I'm happy to report.  I was on my feet for most of the three and a half hours and wasn't tired when I was done.  No sweating either.  But I'm paying for it today with aches and pains.




No comments:

Post a Comment