Monday, February 17, 2014

products i want...

I decided to start a "wish list" of items that I want to buy for myself someday.  Someday when my stomach can hold more than 2 ounces, or I've dropped a good portion of my weight or I just want to treat myself.


  • Blaack Onion Jam from Beekman 1802:  Any onion jam lovers?  I LOVE it!  To me, there's nothing better than a panini made with slices of crusty bread, slathered with goat cheese and onion jam. I also enjoy onion jam that contains roasted garlic.  When I went to Bermuda last year I brought back a jar of onion jam marmalade.  Quite a strong taste, but still yummy.  Unfortunately, pretty much any kind of jam has a lot of sugar.  It doesn't seem as though I'm sensitive to sugar like some other WLS patients, but I don't want to push it.  And why eat it if I can't have it the way I like it?  When I'm further out from surgery, this is the jam I want to try.   By the way, any Amazing Race fans?  These guys won the Amazing Race a couple years ago.
http://shop.beekman1802.com/collections/savories/products/blaak-onion-jam
http://shop.beekman1802.com/collections/savories/products/blaak-drizzle
  • Bento Lunchbox Kit from Laptop Lunches:  I think this will really come in handy when I'm able to eat more food.  I can carry everything I need for the workday in one box without a million little containers clunking around in my bag.  I like the black box, but I wish the inner containers and bag were purple.
    http://secure.laptoplunches.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=K430-BLKPNK&eq=&Tp=
  • Silpat Silicone Baking Mats:  I want these very badly.  I don't need to wait until I lose the weight, but I probably will wait until Christmas time.  Maybe a certain husband of mine will see this and put it on the list. ;)  Right now I use parchment paper for baking and I love it.  Cookies come out perfect every time and nothing seems to stick.  But it would be nice not to have to keep buying parchment paper. The Silpat mats can be used over and over again.  *Hint*
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/silpat-silicone-cookie-sheet-liner/?pkey=csheet-pans-cookie-sheets&cm_src=sheet-pans-cookie-sheets||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_--_-

  • Chef Leppard Apron:  Anyone who knows me knows why I would want this apron.  Def Leppard is my all time favorite band.  I've gone to Canada, Las Vegas, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, New York, and Ohio to see these guys on stage.  I once saw them three times in one three-day weekend. And my license plate is personalized.  Now, that's LOVE!  This apron comes from MegaChef, a website that sells rock 'n' roll themed cooking products.
http://www.megachef.co.uk/products/aprons/chef-leppard-apron



  • Simon's Cat Mug:  I absolutely love Simon's Cat.  If you've never seen the short films, go here and check them out.  Cat owners will appreciate them and see the humor.  If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be "Cat Man Do."
http://simonscat.theofficialwebshop.com/index.php/ceramics/simons-cat-mug-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment