Monday, February 24, 2014

loaded egg bites...

Here's the pictures of the egg bites I made yesterday.  I got the recipe from a blog I follow, The World According to Eggface. They're so simple and they're only 28 calories a piece.  I made the Loaded Egg Bites recipe.  It's eggs, scallions, bacon (or bacon bits), dry Ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese, and some salt and pepper.  They were pretty good, although next time I'll use more flavorful cheese like maybe the Mexican blend.  The recipe makes 24 mini muffin-sized bites.  I was able to eat 4 of them.

The base is eggs and then you pretty much just add whatever you want.  The possibilities are endless.  I'm already thinking about trying to make them with goat cheese and onion jam.  I'll have to figure it out and then do a test run.  

Here's the recipe I followed:  Loaded Egg Bites

Here's some pictures of the process:






No comments:

Post a Comment