Wednesday, February 26, 2014

today's breakfast and lunch...

I'm finally being different today.  Although I love the protein kick I get from Greek yogurt and granola, I want to start eating some different foods.  I don't want to get used to eating just soft or "slider" foods all the time. Sure, they're easy to throw together and to digest, but they won't help my stomach get used to regular foods like meat, salad, etc.

For breakfast I'm going to eat my loaded egg bites.  I had some yesterday.  They're very filling and seem to have a lot of staying power.  For lunch I'm having low sodium ham.  It's not Boar's Head brand, but it will do.  I find I much prefer low sodium ham nowadays.  It seems to have more ham flavor and doesn't have as much water in it.  I'm having some muenster cheese with it.  (For some reason I always think "monster cheese."  I'm weird.)  My mom was a big fan of muenster cheese and I could never understand why.  Back then I didn't like it (not that I actually ever tried it until a few years ago), but now I love it.  Especially paired with some red seedless grapes.  The sweetness of the grapes and the slight saltiness of the cheese really complement one another.

So, here's today's menu, minus dinner, which I haven't figured out yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment