Thursday, February 6, 2014

cauliflower pizza crust complete...


So I made pizza with the cauliflower crust last night.  It was actually very good.  It was easy to make, although microwaving the grated cauliflower made the house stink.  I am very glad I made the crust thin. Otherwise I think it would have been too cauliflower-tasting to me and it might have fallen apart.  It didn't taste like pizza crust, necessarily.  I'd say it tasted like an Italian crust, if that makes sense.  It had oregano, basil and garlic powder.  If I make it again I think I might cut down on the amount of oregano.  The taste lingered for awhile.  I didn't use pizza sauce, because I didn't have any.  Same with the almond meal the recipe calls for (although it's optional).  Overall I enjoyed this and would make it again.

Here's the recipe I used:  Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe


Ingredients assembled.  Cauliflower has already been pulsed in the food processor and 
then cooked in the microwave.


Before pre-banking the crust.


After pre-baking, before final baking.


Finished product.


Voila!  I wasn't able to finish this portion.  I ate the bigger slice and about half of the smaller one.  
I froze the rest since Bob won't try it.  It's a veggie and might kill him.

1 comment: