Tuesday, April 8, 2014

tonight's dinner

Tonight I decided to have a Morningstar Farms Grillers Prime veggie burger.  Actually, half of a burger.

Rather than having it on a plate with no roll, this time I put it on half of a flatbread.  The store has these things called Flatout Foldit.  It's artisan flatbread that is basically two small, round flatbreads joined in the middle (looks like a figure 8).  You just fold one side over the other to make a sandwich.  I bought the 5 Grain Flax flavor.  Each Foldit has only 90 calories, 2.5g fat, 15g carbs, 7g fiber and 7g protein.

Since I was only having half a burger, I only used half of the Foldit, which I toasted.  I microwaved the burger, which made it more like a burger to me this time.  Last time I didn't care for the crispiness of the burger when I fried it in the pan.  I put a slice of American cheese on it along with a little mayo (Hellmann's, of course) and some ketchup.

It was tiny, but it did the job.  And I liked it much better this time and felt like I was eating something as opposed to feeling like I was eating diet food.  I think from now on I will microwave the veggie burgers; I like the texture better.





1 comment: