Thursday, April 17, 2014

tonight's dinner: szechuan beefless strips

Awhile back I had bought some meatless entrees.  Among them was a bag of Gardein Sizzling Szechuan Beefless Strips.

I cooked it according to the instructions, which was to put the strips in the oven or toaster oven.  I can see why the oven is the recommended method; the strips were nice and crispy when they came out (there's some sort of breading on them.  I microwaved the sauce separately. The meal took about 20 minutes to prepare from start to finish.

At first I wasn't too thrilled with the sauce, but as I ate more the taste improved.  The strips were nice and crispy, but I wouldn't call them "strips;"  I'd call them "nuggets."  The overall flavor of the dish was good. But the serving size didn't really fill me.  I could have used maybe one or two more pieces of "beef."

When I bought this product, I didn't look at the carb content.  It's a little high for me right now (22g carbs for one serving of strips plus 1 TB sauce).  I don't think I'll buy this again until I move into weight maintenance.





No comments:

Post a Comment