Saturday, April 5, 2014

another dinner that wasn't

I was so excited to get propane for the grill so I could start grilling again.  I had some turkey kielbasa in the fridge so I decided to throw that on the grill.  I prefer the kielbasa from the Polish meat market, but I bought the turkey kielbasa at the grocery store since it's lower in fat.  Plus, I don't usually make that trip to the meat market until Easter time.  So I grilled it and heated up some baked beans (Bob's idea, not mine).

I didn't care for the kielbasa at all.  I don't know.  It just didn't taste that great.  Maybe it was the brand.  If I buy kielbasa at the grocery store I usually buy Hillshire Farms turkey kielbasa or I get Hummel.  (Hummel is pretty close to the real thing.)  This time I bought Butterball.  And baked beans were never a favorite of mine anyway.

It could also be that my tastes have changed.  I don't generally eat anything greasy or overly salty anymore. And when I do have something like that, I feel crappy afterwards. Like I ate a greasy cheeseburger.  That's helped to keep me on track.  Last night I made homemade popcorn and it was too salty and greasy to me.  I dumped it and ate some almonds instead.  (By the way, Blue Diamond Bold Salt & Vinegar Almonds are delicious!!  Thanks to my good friend Erica, who introduced me to these! She created a monster.)

Another possible reason I didn't care for my dinner was maybe, maybe because I sampled a lot of freshly baked egg bites this afternoon. ;)

Here's my dinner, most of which still remains.   This is 1 1/4 oz. kielbasa and less than 1/4 cup of baked beans.  I ate half the beans and the two smaller pieces of kielbasa.

Maybe I should start a series called, "Sad Post-op Dinners" or "Dinners that sucked."


No comments:

Post a Comment