Saturday, February 28, 2015

eat through the kitchen progress

I didn't get a chance to post much last week.  I was busy with the doctor, the dentist, and a few other things.  I was still cooking, though.

I'm doing pretty good with my Eat Through the Kitchen Challenge.  I've gone to the store a few times, but just to get stuff like milk, yogurt, and veggies.  I will confess that I bought one package of chicken apple sausage, but it was because they were on sale really cheap.

This was Monday's dinner.  We had steak on the grill.  Yup. We have two feel of snow on the ground and I was grilling.  Bob was nice enough to dig the grill out for me.  Anyway,  steak with asparagus, mushroom and onion saute for me.  I bought the veggies in a single pack at Trader Joe's and sauteed it with olive oil and a little butter, then finished it with Borsari seasoned salt.  Bob had Rice-a-Roni and carrots with his steak.  So, the only thing I bought for this dinner was the saute pack. 

This is about 4 ounces of steak and about a 1/2 cup of veggies.  I didn't eat much of the asparagus, because there were a lot of woody pieces in it. Yuck!




This was Wednesday's dinner. It probably looks like a big portion, but this is a salad plate.  It was about 4 ounces of chicken, a handful of beans, and a scant 1/4 cup of rice.  Teriyaki chicken breast on the grill, green beans, and white rice with butter and Parmesan cheese.  When I brought the chicken home from the store I separated it into Ziploc bags, poured in some bottled teriyaki sauce and stuck it in the freezer.  All you do is defrost and cook.  No need to wait for the marinade.  (This night is when I discovered that I had nothing left to make side dishes with.  Guess I'll have to get creative.)



No comments:

Post a Comment