Thursday, February 19, 2015

chocolate hazelnut protein shake

Time for a shake!  I have to have a protein shake everyday, but believe it or not I actually look forward to my shakes.  Especially when I make them at home.  Tastes like a nice thick milkshake from a restaurant and I can make it into whatever I want.

I've recently started using Fairlife milk because it has half the sugar and almost twice the protein of regular milk.  Add that to your protein shake instead of water or regular milk, and that's a BIG protein payoff for the day! Just make sure to check the total amount of sugar you're consuming; some post-ops have issues with sugar intake.

Using the protein powders I've listed below, plus the Fairlife milk, this shake gives me 39g of protein in one shot.



Chocolate Hazelnut Protein Shake

8 oz. Fairlife Fat-free Milk (or any milk, or half milk and half water)
2 scoops chocolate protein powder, or whatever your protein container calls for (I use Bariatric Advantage or EAS)
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 TB Sugar-Free Torani Hazelnut Syrup
3 ice cubes

If you're using a Bullet Blender, Ninja, etc., put the ingredients into the cup in the order listed above.  Blend until smooth.  If you're using a standard blender, reverse the order and blend until smooth.

Note:  This makes a thick milkshake.  If you're a recent post-op, you most likely won't be able to stomach this; it's very filling and the thickness might be too much for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment