Monday, February 16, 2015

roast beef with cheese and onions

Now that I've discovered the joys of cooking lunch meat (I know, it's not THAT exciting), I've realized it's a good way to use up lunch meat that needs to be used.  I generally follow the rule of eating it within three days after the day of purchase.  Sometimes I'll go four days, depending on the kind of meat.  Five days?  Hell no!

This week I was faced with having to toss some roast beef.  I had cooked beef stew and there were a few other things in the fridge to use up, so I knew neither Bob nor I would be eating it for lunch the next day and it would go to waste.  It was either give it to the cats, which I very rarely do; I throw it away, which I hate doing; or I cook it for dinner.  So, I cooked it for dinner.  I fried some onions and tossed in the roast beef.  Once it was heated, I put some American cheese on top.  Dinner was done!

It came out really good, although cooking lunch meat tends to make it a bit salty. This is a good way to get a lot of protein, it's only three ingredients, it's so quick to make, and you don't have to waste anything.







No comments:

Post a Comment