Wednesday, February 11, 2015

loving my fairlife milk!

I'm very excited:  Walmart carries the big bottles of Fairlife milk!  And it was only $3.98.  Yes, that's a lot for a half gallon, but it's not as bad as some other brands.

Coca Cola recently launched Fairlife milk. It's an ultra filtered milk.  They filter regular milk into it's different components and then recombine the components in different quantities.  The result is a milk with half the sugar of standard milk and lots more protein, which is great for a post-op who really misses milk.  People are saying it's fake milk, Frankenstein milk, science milk, etc. Whatever.  It's regular milk.  And it tastes exactly like it's supposed to taste.

I commented on one of Fairlife's posts on Facebook and some guy went through each and every comment and posted about how people shouldn't be eating or drinking dairy at all, but if they do they need to be drinking raw milk, stop buying science milk, etc.  He even went so far as to tell me, personally, that if I had eliminated dairy that I wouldn't have needed weight loss surgery.  Yeah, OK buddy. Because I take advice from random Internet whack jobs.

Anyway, I bought the fat-free variety.  I used to hate skim milk, but this actually tastes good. It doesn't taste watery to me.  I made a protein shake with Click Mocha Espresso Protein Drink, about 6 ounces of fat-free Fairlife milk, and about 6 ounces of water.  Yummy!!  Click has 15g of protein on it's own, but I bumped it up to 25g of protein by using Fairlife.





1 comment: