Tuesday, January 27, 2015

lunch on a snowy day

Lately I've been craving salads.  Not sure why.  Maybe because I've been eating a lot of cheese and carbs. I don't usually care much for salad when I make it at home.  It always tastes better when someone else makes it.  But I don't like to order salad when I go out to eat either.  Mainly because I don't like leftover salad; it gets soggy. But now that I've had weight loss surgery, it's guaranteed I'm going to have leftovers.  And I can't justify spending $10.00 on a normal-sized salad when I'm going to waste more than half of it.

As a very rare treat we went to the diner the other day after spending a couple hours shoveling snow.  I decided to say, "What the Hell?" and got a Cobb salad.  The other possible choice was a grilled chicken slider from the kids' menu, but I figured salad would be better for me.

When I placed my order, I asked for the dressing on the side and a to-go container so I could immediately pack up 90% of it.  Glad I did - this salad was HUGE!  Although nowadays, most dishes look huge to me anyway; half a burger looks huge.  I was only able to eat maybe one quarter of it, if that.  I packed up the rest and brought it home.

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?


After the snowfall.


Griswold family Christmas tree. :)  Maybe next year?







No comments:

Post a Comment