Tuesday, January 20, 2015

click espresso protein drink

I'm always looking to try a new protein powder. Not only because of price (they can be expensive!), but because I get bored with chocolate and vanilla.  I add flavorings, but I want something I don't need to dress up.  And I'm not super excited about strawberry.  I'll drink a vanilla shake with strawberries or strawberry sugar-free syrup added, but I just don't care for strawberry protein powder.

I've been wanting to try Click Espresso Protein Drink. I've seen it on other blogs and decided to ask for it for Christmas.  Yes, that's my life now.  Protein powder for Christmas.  Sad, I know.  Anyway, Bob bought me a container of it and I was thrilled.

It took me a couples weeks to actually try it.  I never get up early enough to make a shake before work, and I tend to forget at night.  I tried making it by just mixing it in a glass with water, but it didn't really blend well; you really need a blender bottle or a bullet blender for this one.  When I moved I tossed my blender bottles, mainly because most protein powders don't mix well in them.  And I can't use a bullet blender at work.  Way too loud.  So, I waited until last week to finally try it.

I put it in my bullet blender with about 4 oz. lowfat milk and 10 oz. water.  I also added three ice cubes.  The consistency was pretty thin even though I added ice.  It was so delicious, though!  It reminded me of the Starbucks frappuccinos in the cold case.  Very strong coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate.

Each serving, which is about 10-14 oz, depending how much water and/or milk you add.  It has 120 calories, 15g protein, 6g sugar, 11g carbs, and 1.5g fat.  Not bad.

I would definitely buy this again.






No comments:

Post a Comment