Thursday, January 1, 2015

happy new year!

Louise is starting the year off right:  she's relaxing in a warm, sunny window without a care in the world.



2014 was overall a great year:

  • I finally found a great place to work and I'm happy there.  It's amazing how much better life is overall when you like your job and don't dread going in everyday.
  • I lost 130 pounds, so I'm much healthier now and have lots of energy.  My clothes are so much smaller and lighter. One would think that my suitcase would be lighter when traveling, but somehow that's not the case.  
  • We bought a house in the "country."  Bob says it's the "sticks," but he's from the city and is used to lots of traffic and concrete; we're really in the suburbs now.  

Some not-so-great things that happened:

  • I chose the wrong job at the wrong company.  That was agonizing and it felt like I'd never find the right job.  It's amazing how much a job can impact your mentality and wreak havoc on the rest of your life.  
  • Lou had to have half his tail amputated. He's fine now, although when he walks with his tail up it looks like a giant...never mind...
  • I had to say goodbye to Riley, my white Persian cat.  He was so young, but I guess he just wasn't meant to live a long life.  He was such an awesome cat and we miss him so much.
  • Everything that could go wrong with the house went wrong.  Murphy's Law, I guess.  Thankfully Bob is incredibly handy!
  • We're trying to resolve a situation at the old house, which has really wreaked havoc on our financial lives.  Incredibly stressful and it's been a big black cloud, but that will be forcibly resolved by the end of the month. I'm much wiser after all this and won't put myself in that situation again.
My plans for 2015 are to hit my goal weight (not sure what that is yet), exercise more (always a goal), and hopefully sell the old house.  I think it's all doable.  I can anything I set my mind to.  I just have to want it enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment