Wednesday, July 2, 2014

homemade trail mix

Last week I stopped at the local health food store and stocked up on a few of my favorites.  Since I was going to New York for my niece's high school graduation, I decided to use my goodies to make some homemade trail mix for the ride.

I used about a cup each of the following:

  • honey roasted sesame sticks
  • oat bran sesame sticks  
  • corn nuts
  • roasted peanuts
  • peanut butter chips
  • raisins (1/2 cup) 
  • raw, shelled sunflower seeds (1/2 cup; these didn't work so well because they tend to migrate to the bottom of the bag)

I just tossed it all in a one gallon zipper bag and tossed it around to mix.  I have no idea what the nutritional stats are.

It was delicious!  I ended up bringing some into work, because the bag was huge and I couldn't keep my hands out of it.

Considering all the higher-calorie goodies in the mix, I know it's not pretty.  Very satisfying, though.




No comments:

Post a Comment