Friday, July 4, 2014

quest protein bars: apple pie and peanut butter supreme

While I was browsing the health food store last week I came across Quest protein bars.  I've been wanting to try them, so I decided to buy five of them:  Strawberry Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie, Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Peanut Butter Supreme.  They're soft, there's no added sugar in most of them, and they have 20g of protein.  

Over the weekend I tried the Apple Pie flavor.  It was great.  It tastes like apple pie and there were bits of apple throughout.  I thought this one was a little sweeter than the Strawberry Cheesecake, but it wasn't overwhelming.  Nice and soft, too.  I would definitely buy it again.  This bar has 180 calories, 5g fat, 25g carbs, 18g fiber (!), 4g sugar and 20g protein.




Today I tried the Peanut Butter Supreme bar.  I have to admit that I scarfed this down pretty quickly before I left work so I didn't pay much attention, but it definitely tasted good and there were peanuts in it.  Soft like the other bars and not sweet.  I would buy it again.  Next time I'll be sure to savor it a little more. 




I really need to be careful about eating too fast.  When I scarfed down the bar today I was surprised I was able to finish it..and then it hit me:  I was full.  Very full.  I can't stand that uncomfortable fullness anymore.  I seriously don't know how I did that to myself several times a day for years on end.  As I was walking out to the parking lot I felt like I wanted to throw up.  I didn't, but I wanted to.  I was OK after about 10 minutes.  

Going forward, I have to make sure I eat slowly.  I don't want these bad habits to come back, nor do I want to stretch out my new stomach pouch.





No comments:

Post a Comment