Sunday, June 29, 2014

frozen strawberry lemonade

I was craving a slushy all weekend long.  Probably because I had to sit in a hot gymnasium to watch my niece graduate high school, and then spend most of the day outside at the cookout afterwards.  I came home today feeling like I want something ice cold.  I thought I wanted some water; nope.  Then I thought maybe some Crystal Light iced tea; didn't want that either.  Then I started thinking about a slushy.  But I didn't want cherry limeade again.  I wanted something different, so I browsed a weight loss surgery forum I read sometimes and found an idea for frozen strawberry lemonade.  I used to love the ones they sell at McDonald's.  I wouldn't get one nowadays due to the massive amount of sugar in it. I actually had all the ingredients so I made one, although I modified the recipe.

It came out very good.  Next time I may add more strawberry syrup, although it doesn't really need it; it's all up to you and whether you want it to be lip-puckering like lemonade, or to have a sweeter strawberry taste.  Mine is somewhere in between, but leaning more towards lemonade.  Also, you can add as much or as little ice as you want.  Some people like a super-thick slushy; others like a very loose slushy.  Again, this recipe is somewhere in between.



Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

1/2 cup frozen strawberries
6 or 7 ice cubes
(I use the ones my freezer makes, which are smaller than ones made in standard ice cube trays)
Water to cover, about 8 oz.
1 Crystal Light Lemonade On-the-Go single pack*
1 TB Torani Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup (add more for a sweeter strawberry flavor)

Put it all in your blender, in that order, and blend until desired consistency.

* If you don't have the Crystal Light On-the-Go single packs, you can use 8 oz. of a premixed lemonade of your choice and just skip the water.


No comments:

Post a Comment