Saturday, June 7, 2014

today's breakfast

I've finally reached the point where I'm tired of eating sausage with my eggs.  Don't get me wrong, I love sausage.  But I'm wanting to mix it up a bit.  A package of turkey bacon has been haunting my fridge for awhile and it's getting close to the Use By day, so I decided to cook it up and have it with a fried egg today.  I have some fresh goat cheese leftover from my trip to the Beekman 1802 farm in NY, so I'm thinking tomorrow I'll make an omelet with horseradish goat cheese.

For some reason, several people in my family like to cook turkey bacon in the microwave until it achieves cardboard consistency and it could literally stand up on it's own. Not sure why.  Maybe it's the crunch.  Personally, I've always been a fan of "giggly" bacon, meaning slightly crispy around the edges, but fully bendable.  Not crunchy.  The only way to get it like that, in my opinion, is to fry it.  So that's what I did with the turkey bacon.  And it came out great.  Cooked just right.  I added a fried egg and there's breakfast.

Three pieces of turkey bacon and an over-easy egg with pepper (just like my dad likes it).  I was able to finish the plate without a problem.






No comments:

Post a Comment