Sunday, June 15, 2014

chocolate peanut protein balls

I've been looking at ways to use up some protein powder I have leftover.  Lately I've been drinking ready-to-drink protein shakes so my powder has been languishing in the cabinet.

I found a recipe for protein balls. They require only a few ingredients and I don't have to bake them.  I've been wanting to make them for awhile.  Since Bob went camping this weekend, I figured the time was right.

They came together quickly with minimal mess and were very good.  Very dense and filling.  The recipe calls for almond butter (a bit expensive), which has very little sugar.  Although they tasted good, I think I prefer a little sweetness.  I might increase the Torani syrup next time or add a little Splenda.  

Chocolate Peanut Protein Balls
Note:  The following recipe is adapted from this recipe.

Makes about 16-20
One ball contains:  86 calories, 6.5g fat, 3g carbs, and 5.3g protein.

1/2 cup almond butter
3 scoops (48 cc scoop) chocolate protein powder (I use Bariatric Advantage)
1 teaspoon Sugar Free Chocolate Torani Syrup
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
unsweetened coconut for coating

Mix all ingredients except coconut together. The mixture will seem dry at first. but it will eventually come together.  I used a fork to make combining easier.

Roll into balls. Roll in unsweetened coconut to coat.

Keep refrigerated or freeze.




No comments:

Post a Comment