Monday, June 9, 2014

weekend in review

This weekend started off with volunteering for the Stratford Cat Project.  I help out with cleaning and feeding at the main foster home and sometimes do the same at our adoption center at H3 Pet Supply in Stratford.  I enjoy it, because I get to interact with many different cats.  Not to mention I get see all the new kittens, play with them, hold and cuddle them, and see them grow from timid little guys into playful, confident kitties.  We have a new batch of kittens right now and they are so cute!  A couple are scared at the moment, but with all the attention and love they get from volunteers, they will soon feel more confident and outgoing.

We received the mortgage application documents.  What a novel that was!  Mortgage regulations have changed quite a bit in the last few years so now there's a disclosure for everything.  We got them all signed and mailed them back.  Hopefully we'll be closing on the new house soon.

I've started packing, but I haven't packed nearly as much as I should.  I guess I just wasn't sure where to start.  As a friend suggested, I started with pictures and knick knacks.  That helped me get going and I packed five boxes last week.  Now I'm at a standstill again.  I'll have to work on that this week.

Sunday was spent running errands.  Mainly food shopping and trips to multiple Home Depots to get a replacement window for the back bedroom.  We started looking at lawn mowers.  The new house has about six times the amount of land we have now.  I don't think our old fashioned push reel will cut it - no pun intended.

I made a recipe for savory pancakes.  I'll post it later in the week.  Apparently these pancakes can be used as "bread" to make a sandwich.  I'm excited about that.  I used to LOVE sandwiches, but I'm not supposed to be eating much bread, and I don't really care to, so I haven't had a real sandwich in six months.  I don't really miss bread.  Once in awhile I think about it, but giving it up has been a non-event.  I do, however, miss having a sandwich.

And, finally, I made my goal of 100 lbs. lost by June 9!! (June 9, today, is the six month anniversary of when I started my pre-op diet.  Woo hoo for me!!  Now on to the next goal...


No comments:

Post a Comment