Sunday, June 8, 2014

goal #2 crushed!

A couple weeks ago I said that when I made it to the 100 lbs. lost mark, I'd post a photo Bob took of me. Well, today I made it!  100.8 lbs., to be exact.  And one day ahead of schedule:  my goal was to reach 100 lbs. lost within six months after the start of my pre-op diet, which was December 9.

I bought these pants in March, 2013, for my first cruise.  Of course, I never wore them (like many clothes I've bought through the years).  The tags were still attached when I pulled them out of one of my tote boxes a couple weeks ago.  Back when I bought them they fit very comfortably.  Today?  Not so much.  Actually, when I tried them on, they fell back down to my feet.  I had to hold them up when I came downstairs to have Bob take a picture.  And here it is:


Note:  I'm not stretching the waistband in this picture.  This is actually how big they are.

I'm kind of disappointed I can't wear them; they're cute capris with rhinestones down the outside seams.  Oh well, I have many more cute outfits to look forward to that will be much smaller.  :)

Getting to the 100 lb. mark was tough.  Not these last six months as a whole, but the last few weeks.  I'm at the point where I can pretty much eat whatever I want in small quantities.  While I don't eat junk food, fast food, fried foods, bread, or pasta, crackers and nuts are something I really enjoy now, just as I used to crave junk.  It's especially tough at work, because people are always bringing in food.  Plus, I'm unhappy at work, so I tend to want to make a run to the kitchen so I can procrastinate, waste time, whatever you want to call it.  But I'm doing my best not to partake.  And I'm no longer buying snack mix and crackers for home.  I have them, yes, but I'm no longer buying them.  Once they're gone, they're gone.  

So, now that I've reached goal #2, it's time to look to goal #3:  another 43 lbs.  I'm thinking I can make that by October 1.  My weight loss may move more slowly now that I'm six months out, so I don't want to be unrealistic.

I haven't figured out what goal #4, the final goal, will be.  I have no idea what I'd like my goal weight to be.  Actually, I don't think I really want to have a goal "weight," but more of a goal "feeling."  In other words, my goal is to feel good in my skin, not self-conscious, happy with myself, and energetic.  I think that's a much better goal to pursue than some number on the scale.



No comments:

Post a Comment