Thursday, September 18, 2014

caramel apple pie for breakfast

I had to make a yogurt run last night. I ran out last week and, boy, have I missed having it for breakfast.  Never thought I'd say that. All week I ate letlftover cheese and crackers. Boring and just not right.

Dannon came out with a limited edition Greek yogurt flavor: Caramel Apple Pie.  I'm not much of a caramel apple fan so I almost didn't buy it, but then I said what the heck, might as well try it. Besides, the Stop and Shop near me didn't have much variety. I noticed Oikos had a pumpkin spice flavor, but the calories were double and so was the sugar. No, thanks!

This was delicious.  Tasted just like caramel apple pie. It had chunks of apple, too. My only complaint is that it wasn't as thick as their other Greek yogurt flavors. It was more like their regular yogurts.

I added peanuts, of course. Just can't eat yogurt without something mixed in. I guess it makes me feel like I'm eating something a little more substantial.

No comments:

Post a Comment