Wednesday, April 15, 2015

swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes

Another Eat Through the Kitchen meal.  I didn't have to buy anything to make this.  I had a big bag of Ikea Swedish meatballs in the freezer; however, I ran out of the gravy packets and had to Google for a recipe for gravy.  I found one and it was good.  Very easy, too.

I made some mashed red potatoes (the last of the buy-one-get-one-free deal, so no waste!).  I made the potatoes with a masher instead of using the beaters and they were great.  I have to say, I make some awesome mashed potatoes.  I find the key is to add a good amount of salt and pepper.  I know, a lot of people don't or can't use salt when they cook, but I find this really makes a difference with mashed potatoes.  Sure, you can always salt them once they're on the plate, but I want mine to taste awesome and for people to think I just have the magic touch, :)



No comments:

Post a Comment