Tuesday, May 6, 2014

some good news

Just thought I'd stop by with a little update.

I've written about my issues with my new job and the fact that I made the wrong choice.  Mentally, it has really done a number on me over the past several months.  I've been pretty miserable and hopeless about it, but today I got a good sign that not all hope of getting into the other company is lost.  I hope to know more by the end of the week, but this has put me in a good mood once again.

Also, we put a bid in on a house this morning!  It's in the middle of the state and it's an OLD house.  VERY old.  Like, centuries old.  We feel like it's "the one."  It's got the kind of property we want and the amount of square footage we want.  And it's got one more bedroom than we were looking for, which is a big plus.  Yes, we will need to do some work, but it doesn't appear to be anything major.  Just removing wallpaper, painting, etc.

We actually put the bid in at 11:30 pm last night.  We had gone to see the house on Saturday (our second time seeing it).  We saw some issues and walked away not really 100% sure if we wanted to bid.  We talked a lot about it over the weekend and flip-flopped several times.  Late Sunday night we decided to bid.  Unfortunately, we didn't hear from the realtor until late last night and found out there's another bid on the house.  So, at 11 pm I was editing the numbers on the contract, signing, then waking Bob up so he could sign.  I snapped a picture with my phone and emailed it to the realtor at 11:30 pm.  I could have done it this morning, but with another bid on the house, I didn't want to chance being too late.  The seller has three days to decide, so this is going to be the longest three days of my life!

So after sending the bid off to the realtor, I tried to sleep and of course my mind was going a million miles an hour.  In my mind, we're already moved in and working on the various projects, picking out paint, etc.  Then Bailey finds a stink bug in bed, which was just wonderful.  Bob caught it and did, I don't know, something, to it.  For the next hour Bailey kept looking for the bug.  In the window sills, across the pillows, on our night stands.  Then I've got Riley, the white, fluffy Persian, glued to my side, on his back, with his paws in the air.  Then I was hot.  Then I was itchy.  Then the pillow was hard.  Needless to say, I was exhausted this morning!