Sunday, May 4, 2014

bacon pancake bites

A few weeks ago I made sausage pancake bites and they didn't come out like I expected.  I was supposed to use pancake mix, but I didn't have any so I used baking mix.  They came out dense and spongy.  I ate them, but they weren't the best.

So, today I made bacon pancake bites with multigrain pancake mix, like I was supposed to last time, and they came out so much better.  They had the consistency of a muffin.

This is the recipe I used, which I doubled:  Bacon Pancake Bites

Bacon Pancake Bites

Makes 24 bites
Each bite contains:  28 calories, .5g fat; 5g carbs, and 1.25g protein

1 cup multigrain pancake mix, dry (I used Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake and Waffle Mix)
2/3 cup milk (I used 2%)
1/2 cup Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup
4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (I used real bacon bits, 2 1/2 TB)

Mix pancake mix, milk, and syrup together until thoroughly combined.

Pour batter into a 24 cup mini muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Fill about 3/4 way up.

Top each muffin with some crumbled bacon.  Make bacon the day before for breakfast and save two pieces, or you could use a couple of those pre-cooked slices or real bacon bits.  I mixed my bacon into the batter, but if you want to have prettier bites you can put it on top.

Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until golden.

Serve with maple syrup (or sugar-free maple syrup) for dipping.




No comments:

Post a Comment