Tuesday, May 27, 2014

dinner last night: stuffed chicken burger with fried potatoes

Last time I went to BJ's Wholesale I found stuffed chicken burgers:  Jack's Special Grilled Applewood Smoked Uncured Bacon & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Patties.  I tend to find lots of good stuff like this when I go there.  They're fully cooked and ready to eat.  Just heat and serve.  They're also individually wrapped, which I like.  I hate having to pry apart frozen burgers.  I spend most of the time hoping I don't, a.) split my hand when the knife finally goes through, or b.) lose my grip on the burger and it slips on the counter and goes flying across the kitchen.

I put them on the grill for about 10 minutes while I cooked Bob's steak.  Since they're fully cooked already, I held them off to the side so they don't dry out or start losing their stuffing.  I also cooked some carrots and fried potatoes for Bob.  In the time it took me to bring them in the house and finish the sides (about 10 minutes), the burgers were nearly cold.  Next time I will wait until the other food is nearly ready before heating them up.

I ate my burger without a bun.  Bob had his the same way.  I added a few fried potatoes.  I was able to finish most of it - about 3/4 of the burger and three of the four potato slices.

I thought the burgers were pretty good.  I could definitely taste the bacon, but I couldn't actually see it in the filling.  I think next time I will eat it more like a burger and put it on a wrap or something.  Or maybe make a dipping sauce for it.


As you can see, my burger sprung a little leak.


1 comment:

  1. Never heard of them but sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete