Saturday, March 14, 2015

goat cheese!

I had half a log of herbed goat cheese in the fridge, so I'm trying to use it up as part of my Eat Through the Kitchen Challenge.  Goat cheese is something I am loathe to let go bad in the fridge or to throw away; it's not cheap!

Last night I made a snack of goat cheese on crackers.  But these weren't just any old crackers - they were American Vintage Wine Biscuits, Red Wine and Black Pepper flavor.  I sampled them when I was in Whole Foods a few weeks ago and decided to grab a bag.  I can't really describe the flavor other than to say they're very rich tasting with a hint of black pepper.  They have just a tiny kick at the end.  These crackers were made for the rich creaminess of goat cheese.



Today for breakfast I did a very loose take on Eggs Benedict:  half a toasted English muffin topped with one sausage, one scrambled egg, and herbed goat cheese.  It was delicious!  I was able to finish it, but I was REALLY full.  Probably would have been easier if I'd eaten slower; I kind of gobbled it down. (I need to STOP that!)




No comments:

Post a Comment