Friday, January 24, 2014

my breakfast today...

Here's today's breakfast:  one whole egg and one egg white scrambled with about a teaspoon of 2% milk. When I look at this plate, it amazes me that this fills me the same as if I'd eaten a cheeseburger platter.  I'd love to put some cheese on it, but my stomach will only hold so much.  If I add the cheese, I will feel as though I just had Thanksgiving dinner and will have to go recline in the chair with my pants unbuttoned. I used to fill my stomach almost beyond capacity all the time, but nowadays I can't stand that feeling anymore.  

I'm surprised that I like eggs more now that I did before surgery.  I guess I just didn't want to waste my taste buds on just eggs when I could be having a bagel with cream cheese or a bagel breakfast sandwich.  I think I appreciate them more now because I spent a month on a fat free or liquid diet.  My first solid food was a soft scrambled egg and it was heaven!  So soft and creamy, salty and a little peppery.  Small, silky egg curds that melted in my mouth.  It took me 20 minutes to eat that egg and it was ice cold by the time I took my last bite, but I didn't care.


No comments:

Post a Comment