Monday, July 13, 2015

the week in review

The past few weeks have been so busy for me.  We were preparing for my in-laws' surprise 50th anniversary party, which was Saturday.  So much yard work, shopping, and house work to do.  Not to mention baking and decorating a cake, and also creating a photo book on Shutterfly.  That involved scanning tons of photos from all the old photo albums, uploading them, arranging them in the book, adding borders, etc.  But it all got done and the party was a success.  I did absolutely nothing yesterday.  Zero.  I sat on the couch all day while watching TV and switching back and forth between my iPad and phone.  More Candy Crush lives that way.

The next two weeks will be spent preparing for the family picnic, which we're hosting.  I don't have as much to do for that one, though, since we already got the yard in order.  We also left the tables and tent up so we don't have to deal with that.  No cake to make, just some food shopping to do.

Work is getting incredibly busy, so that's causing me some stress.  I'm hoping things let up soon.  We just have so much to do in a short amount of time and not enough people to do it.  But I love where I work and I enjoy my job.  Such a huge difference from my last job.

Hopefully I'll get back to cooking more once the next party is over.  With being so busy we've either been eating out more or just grabbing whatever we can find at home.  Not good for my diet, but I haven't gained a pound. (That's such a novelty to me.  That's never happened in my whole life!)

I guess that's it for now.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment