Monday, July 6, 2015

power crunch protein energy bar: triple chocolate flavor

I tried a new protein bar today:  Power Crunch Protein Energy Bar, Triple Chocolate flavor.  I found it in Walmart yesterday morning.  It was less than $2.00, which is a good price for protein bars;  some can run to almost $3.00.

The package says it's an energy bar, but I can't figure out where the "energy" comes from.  I don't see caffeine listed, or anything else that would tell me it's supposed to give me energy.

It has 13g of protein and 5g of sugar, which means I won't have an upset stomach from too much sugar.  It has 205 calories.  Considering I get such limited calories (about 1,000 per day), this would have to be a meal replacement for me.

I'm not wild about it.  It's basically a take on the crème filled wafer bar.  You know, the mega sweet ones they sell in the cookie isle?  I really liked the texture and the size of it, but the taste just wasn't that great.  It had kind of a weird finish, which I can't describe.  But it's crunchy, which is a nice change from most other protein bars.

I don't think I would buy this again, although if I were in a pinch I could deal with eating it.  I'd like it better if it was just a tad sweeter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment