Friday, July 10, 2015

so busy today!

Tomorrow is the surprise party for my in-laws' 50th anniversary. So, of course, today is being spent on getting the house in order, prepping the food, and mowing the lawn.

The lawn mower decided to die today in the middle of mowing the lawn. Actually, the sit-down mower. That's not good considering we have a very large yard.  Bob is out there now trying to mow really thick grass with the push mower and it keeps stalling on him.  But he's getting it done so I'm happy about that.

I tend to get really obsessive about getting the house in order for a party. I always think that people are examining my dusty baseboards or feeling repulsed by the stray cat hair.  In reality, I'm pretty sure people don't even notice those things. Although there are some who do, I guess.  It reminds me of a former friend and co-worker. We went over to another co-worker's house and, while in the spare bedroom, wiped the dresser with her finger and came out to show our hostess that she "missed a spot."  Her defense was that she was "helping her clean."  That didn't go over very well.

I've done pretty well with getting stuff done.  I just have some miscellaneous cleaning to do and a little food prep and that's it. Oh, and I have to spread a little mulch in the garden and fill the bird feeders.  I got the cake done and the ziti is ready to be baked tomorrow.  But I'm sure tomorrow morning I'll notice a bunch of things I forgot to do, just like usual.

Time to go do some more work...


2 comments:

  1. I hear you. I totally flip out getting house in order for partys lol

    ReplyDelete