Thursday, August 6, 2015

tiny kittens!


Who doesn't love itty bitty kittens??  I think just about everyone loves kittens.  Well, if you love kittens and want to see them being born and growing up on camera, go here: http://www.tinykittens.com/.  Just click on the Watch Live link on the home page and see tiny kittens playing, sleeping, nursing, and just being kittens.

TinyKittens is a foster home for cats and kittens rescued by the no-kill shelter, the Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS), which is in Langley, BC. They rely on foster homes to care for kittens and other high risk animals until they are able to be adopted.

Part of TinyKittens' program is fostering pregnant stray, unwanted, abandoned, or feral cats.  That's where the 24/7 live kittencam comes in!  Once a mama cats goes into labor, they set up the 24/7 live feed.  You get to watch the whole birthing process and then get to see them grow up over the course of 6 weeks.  Not only is it educational for everyone, but it's so addictive!  The first time I saw it was while I was on vacation.  It popped up in my Facebook feed.  So I clicked on it.  There happened to be a live birth going on and I got totally sucked in. I watched until my iPad died.  Then I moved to the PC to finish watching.  I then had to regularly check the live feed on my phone throughout the work day. Obviously, the mom and her kittens were usually sleeping, but it was still nice to watch.

Sisko, a feral tortie, is having her kittens right now as I type this.  Actually, I need to go check the feed now to see if kittens 4, 5 and 6 have arrived yet....

Go check it out:  http://livestream.com/tinykittens/sisko





2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. Thankies for writing about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching! I find myself checking it on my phone quite a bit. :)

      Delete