Friday, August 21, 2015

Dannon Light & Fit Greek Chocolate on Top

Dannon recently came out with a new take on Greek yogurt:  Greek yogurt with chocolate sauce on top


It doesn't have any more sugar than the regular Light & Fit Greek I usually buy, although it has about 20 more calories.  It was only $1.00 so I grabbed a few:  cherry, strawberry, and banana.  It looked delicious.  And what can be bad about yogurt with chocolate on top, right?

I tried the cherry flavor.  I opened it up and it just looked like a pool of chocolate.  I guess I was expecting the chocolate sauce to be a little thicker, but it wasn't.  It was similar to Hershey's syrup.  I was going to mix it all up, but decided to try it as-is.


It didn't taste like Hershey's syrup. At all. I didn't really get any chocolate flavor from it.  I was expecting a chocolate covered cherry flavor, but that's not what I got.  I can't even describe what it tasted like other than to say the whole thing was just really sweet and overpowering.

This is not something I would buy again.  I have two more containers, but I'm dreading eating them.   I will, though, since I spent the money and it was inedible.

One other thing I don't like is that you only get 5 ounces in the container versus 5.3 ounces with the regular Light & Fit Greek.  Not a big difference, but it's a little annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment