Friday, May 15, 2015

my post-op shopping list

Just in case there are any pre-ops, or post-ops, reading this blog, I figured I'd post a list of the things I buy to support my lifestyle.  Some other bloggers I read have done this and I find it helpful.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but this is the bulk of what I buy.

Shake Ingredients
PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
Torani Sugar Free Syrups (I find these to be the best-tasting; very concentrated)
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Almond butter

Snacks:
Pork rinds (lots of protein, no carbs, and filling; these things have staying power)
Cheese sticks:  mozzarella, Gouda, cheddar (preferably low fat)
Nuts:  peanuts, pistachios, almonds
Celery and Hummus (I think I'm addicted to this stuff)
Strawberries
Watermelon
Fuji apples

Meats:
Chicken:  boneless and skinless thighs and breasts; Perdue Shortcuts Southwest flavor
Beef:  strip steak, ground beef
Canned tuna
Lunch meat, such as turkey and roast beef or low sodium ham (I try to buy nitrate-free, easier on my tummy)
Eggs

Protein:
Ready to Drink:  Premier Protein (I buy at BJ's Wholesale; 30g protein)
Bariatric Advantage Meal Replacement bags (27g protein; thick like a milkshake if you use the blender and some ice)
Bariwise Diet Hot Chocolate (15g protein)
Body Tech Whey Isolate Isolate (pretty thin, but lower in calories)
Syntrax Nectar (pretty thin, but lower in calories)
Quest protein bars (very occasionally)

Dairy:
Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurt (half the sugar of other Greek yogurts!)
Fairlife Skim Milk (ultra filtered milk; half the sugar of regular milk)
Cheese:  pepperjack, muenster, feta, goat, cheddar, Swiss
Cottage cheese, low fat
Ricotta cheese, low fat

Miscellaneous:
Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix
Unsweetened fine coconut (usually Bob's Red Mill brand)
Crystal Light drink mix (Grape or Strawberry Watermelon)
Small flour tortillas (for the occasional "pizza")
Borsari Seasoned Salt



No comments:

Post a Comment