Monday, August 11, 2014

the week(s) in review

Wow!  I didn't realize it's been so long since I posted.  It's been a pretty hectic two weeks with trying to unpack, get the house into order, figure out the well water situation, get the dryer installed, figure out the power situation, etc.  The list goes on.

***Holy cow!  Louise is racing around like a maniac!  That means she pooped in the litter box.***

It's amazing how quickly I've started to feel like this is "home."  In my last house I was there 18 years and it was only the last few years that I felt it was home.  (I was still attached to the town I grew up in.)  But it's been only two weeks and this just feels like home.

I've been sitting out on the patio a lot; I love the property and just want to look at it all the time.  And it's like National Geographic here.  We've got a hawk in the trees, we found a family of newborn mice in the barn, there was a bat in the house one night (yes, a bat!), we've heard coyotes in the distance, lots of birds and crickets, frogs in the pond, ducks in the neighbor's yard, deer, and something raced across the lawn the other night.  Not sure what that was and I probably don't want to know.

My eating has improved now that I'm back to work.  I'm no longer living off cold pizza, although I have yet to cook a meal.  Still feeling a bit unorganized in the kitchen.  I have limited storage in the kitchen and I'm trying to figure out how to fit all my baking pans and other items so I don't have to toss them.  I'm thinking shelving.

Good news:  I lost a couple pounds over vacation, which brings my total to 114 pounds. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment