Sunday, August 17, 2014

KIND bar: dark chocolate chili almond

Last weekend I went up to my dad's house for our annual picnic.  I had to run to the store to get some chips and soda (not for me!) so I decided to see if there were any diet-friendly snacks for me.  I'm always on the lookout for something new and/or different, so I always talk a walk down the isles that contain organic or natural foods, protein bars and shakes, and snacks.

I recently discovered KIND bars, so I usually look for those first.  They're pretty good.  I make sure I buy the ones that are lower in sugar and higher in protein. I want to snack, but I don't want to eat "junk."  I found a display of KIND bars at the store.  I bought one called Dark Chocolate Chili Almond.  I love dark chocolate and almonds, I like the flavor of chili powder, and I love the idea of combining sweet and savory. Also, it had only 5g sugar and 6g of protein.

I really enjoyed this bar.  It was slightly sweet due to the dark chocolate and had some heat from the chili powder.  At first I thought, "This is pretty wimpy."  I didn't feel any heat or taste any chili powder.  But as I ate another bite and then another, the heat crept up on me and my mouth was burning a little.  Not an awful burn, but a pleasant heat that let you know it's there.  I didn't really taste chili powder, which I was happy about.  I think it was enough to have to heat of it without the flavor.

Bottom line:  I would buy this again.  Definitely.

I checked the KIND website and apparently they have other bars that combine sweetness with spices.  I'll have to check the store next time I go in.





No comments:

Post a Comment