Tuesday, August 19, 2014

today's breakfast and lunch

My weight has been holding steady lately.  Not a bad thing, but I'm missing the fast weight loss.  It's mainly due to the move, lack of preparation, and not keeping a food journal.  So, I am going to change that this week.  I spent some time on Sunday cutting up cheese, measuring out peanuts, and just getting back into the post-op frame of mind.

One of the most important things to do is to measure my food.  That's something I've been getting cocky about lately.  Lazy, too.  I figure, "I've lost 115 pounds so I must be doing something right!  I know how much I'm supposed to eat and I know what a portion looks like!"  Not really.  I'm better at guesstimating than I was pre-op, but I still find myself thinking that 1 ounce of peanuts fills a sandwich bag.  Uh, no. Not even close.  Then I think, "But I don't want to pull the scale out and measure!  I'm too busy watching TV/sitting on the patio/staring at the wall!"  That's getting me into trouble.

The other issue is preparing ahead of time, which I've been really bad about since moving.  Probably because I don't feel fully settled yet and have some kitchen storage issues.  I know.  Excuses, excuses.  Having to eat Walmart egg rolls for breakfast twice in one week clued me in to the fact that I've been lazy.

So here's today's breakfast and lunch, which I measured AND entered in my food journal.


Upper left, pink square:  1 ounce dill Havarti cheese
Upper right, purple rectangle:  3 ounces grilled chicken (Perdue Short Cuts) with Borsari seasoned salt (LOVE this stuff!)
Lower right, pink square:  1 ounce of dry roasted peanuts (definitely doesn't fill a sandwich bag)
Lower left, pink rectangle:  1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 TB unsweetened coconut



No comments:

Post a Comment