Monday, August 25, 2014

getting back on track

It’s been about eight months since surgery and I’m down a total of 120 pounds!  I wasn’t even expecting that.  With the move going on, and all the chaos that ensues afterwards, I haven’t been weighing myself or watching my diet too closely.  I was shocked when I got on the scale this morning and I was down 7 pounds since I weighed myself a few weeks ago.  I weighed myself three times in a row, because I thought maybe the scale was wrong.  I live in an old house and the floors are uneven.  Uneven floors can cause a scale to read incorrectly.

I decided to go back and review my blog posts to see what I said my next goal would be and when I’m supposed to reach it.  I said that I would lose 43 pounds, which would bring my weight to 200 pounds, by October 1.  Since I only have a little over a month until the deadline, I’m thinking I won’t make it.  Although if I closely monitor my diet and exercise, I might be able to do it.  I need to stop eating all the crap that coworkers bring in to work.  Seems like a never-ending stream of food coming into this place.  Between birthdays (3 in the last two weeks!); celebrations for Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.; coworkers bringing in food they don’t want or didn’t like; and people treating the office to bagels, it seems like there’s outside food at least twice a week.  Given that I’m unhappy and bored at my job, all I want to do is eat.  I find myself wandering into the break room and eating things I wouldn’t normally eat because I’m bored and I want a distraction.  That’s getting me into trouble, because it’s making me crave other things.  And it also caused me to have my first dumping episode, which I save for another post.

So, over the next five weeks I am going to make a big effort to get myself back on track.  Yes, I’m still losing weight, but I’m falling into bad habits and that’s not a good thing for the long term.  Who knows?  Maybe I’ll lose 23 pounds in that time.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment