Tuesday, February 14, 2017

the scale is moving and it's almost go-time!

Just a little post to say that the scale is on a downward trend!  Exercise is on point, and so is my diet. Finally!  I'm logging my food everyday, weighing and measuring my food, and I'm cooking a lot more. I think when I hit the three-weeks-from-surgery date, something just clicked. My weight is down to 210.8 as of this morning. My goal is still 199; however, I don't think that will happen by 02/27. Although, I suppose I could make it if I did one of those weird juice cleanses or something equally fad-like. But no. No, thanks. I'll lose the rest the usual way. Actually, I'll lose some when the extra skin is removed, but I don't know how much that will be. I'm hoping for 10 pounds, but thinking it will be less than that.

Surgery is now less than two weeks away and I'm getting nervous. Honestly, I'm mostly nervous about the pain more than anything. Yes, I'll have some great narcotics, but there will still be pain. But it's only temporary and I'll get over it. I bought my post-surgical compression garment, which I'll be wearing for several months. Very pretty. NOT! But it's necessary and will be under my clothes.  Over the next week and a half (!) I have a lot to do at home:  clothes shopping (need button-down shirts, as I can't pull anything over my head for a week or so); food shopping and prep; picking up any odds and ends I might need to assist with recovery; and cleaning the house.

2 comments: