Wednesday, June 3, 2015

off the rails this week

This is just a quick blurb to say how off the rails I am the last several days with my eating.  I think it's because it's *that* time of month.  What's weird, though, is that ever since I've had gastric bypass, I don't usually get those monthly cravings anymore.  This month?  I don't know.  I just want to eat everything in sight. 

Actually, as I'm writing this right this minute I realize what's going on:  my financial situation is easing up and I'm "celebrating" by buying foods I haven't bought in many months because I couldn't afford to spend the extra money.  Oh, that's bad.  And I'm glad I just realized that. Thinking back to my last shopping trip, I realize there were some items in there that I may have "bought for my husband" with myself in mind.  My husband is able to keep something good in the house for awhile and not eat it all up in a day.  Not me.  And it drives me berzerk that he's able to do that.  So, what happens is I get annoyed that he hasn't finished the whatever goodie it is, and then I go in the cabinet or fridge and finish it for him.  I'm sure someone out there is nodding their head right now saying, "Yup, I do that."

Now that I've realized what I'm doing, I need to stop.  Right now.



1 comment:

  1. I could have written this myself. :)

    What I do, in order to avoid eating those treats for The Other Half myself.. I give them to him and then tell him he has to hide them from me.

    Somehow I forget all about them, once that happens. Out of sight, out of mind.. :)

    ReplyDelete